The United States Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service, major poultry company Tyson Foods, Inc has recently announced a recall of nearly 2,500,000 pounds of ready-to-eat (RTE) breaded chicken products, citing mis-branding and undeclared allergens as the reason.
According to the FSIS, these products might contain milk, which is a known allergen, but are not declared on the product labels.
These “RTE” breaded chicken items had been produced and packaged on a handful of dates between August 17, 2016 and January 14, 2017. Of course, all of these products may be subject to recall.
The company says they were originally made aware of the potential issue when an ingredient supplier alerted them that the bread crumbs they had been using to make the chicken breading actually contained milk.
According to the company, some schools had purchased these items but they have not [yet] confirmed any allergic reaction reports. At the same time, any individual who might be concerned about an injury or illness should certainly contact their professional healthcare provider.
Here is a list of items that may be included in the recall:
• 32.81-lb bulk cases of “Tyson Fully Cooked, Whole Grain Crispy Chicken Chunk Fritters-CN Chunk Shaed Chicken Fritters” with the case code 070364-0928 and which have the packaging and production date of 08/17/2016
• 31.68-lb bulk cases of “Tyson Fully Cooked, Whole Grain Strip-Shaped Chicken Pattie Fritters-CN” with the case code 003859-0928 and which have various production dates between 09/09/2016 and 01/14/2017
• 31.05-lb bulk cases of “Tyson Fully Cooked, Whole Grain Chicken Pattie Fritters-CN” with the case code 003857-0928 and a production date of 11/12/2016
• 30.06-lb bulk case of “Tyson Fully Cooked, Whole Grain Chunk-Shaped Breaded Chicken Patties-CN” with the case code 016478-0928 and which have various production dates between 09/16/2016 and 10/06/2016
• 20-lb bulk cases of “SPARE TIME, Fully Cooked Breaded Chicken Patties” with the case code of 005778-0861 and the production date of 10/03/2016
• 20-lb bulk cases of “SPARE TIME, Fully Cooked Chicken Pattie Fritters” with the case code 016477-0861 and with production dates between 09/16/2016 and 10/06/2016