Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 2.6% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 5:00 AM E.T. on February 19th. During the last week, Namecoin has traded 11.1% lower against the U.S. dollar. Namecoin has a total market cap of $28.19 million and $274,610.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $1.91 or 0.00020993 BTC on major exchanges including WEX, BX Thailand, Tux Exchange and Bleutrade.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,125.44 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1,051.18 or 0.11537500 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 3.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.62 or 0.00028804 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.67 or 0.00182947 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.90 or 0.00020813 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $154.57 or 0.01696500 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 6.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.27 or 0.00002981 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00004353 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00001897 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.06 or 0.00011655 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
Namecoin (NMC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 19th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Poloniex, YoBit, BX Thailand, Altcoin Trader, WEX, Cryptopia, Livecoin, Tux Exchange, Bittylicious, Bleutrade and SouthXchange. It is not possible to purchase Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Namecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.