Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 8.7% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 4:00 AM ET on February 19th. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for $2.13 or 0.00023427 BTC on popular exchanges including Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, Livecoin and Bleutrade. During the last week, Peercoin has traded down 20.3% against the US dollar. Peercoin has a total market cap of $52.55 million and $818,897.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $9,157.38 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,035.69 or 0.11383100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.63 or 0.00028883 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $3.57 or 0.00039221 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $83.62 or 0.00919035 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.62 or 0.00182658 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.98 or 0.00021712 BTC.
- Steem Dollars (SBD) traded up 11.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.98 or 0.00032770 BTC.
Peercoin (PPC) is a coin. Its launch date was August 20th, 2012. Peercoin’s total supply is 24,655,252 coins. Peercoin’s official message board is talk.peercoin.net. The official website for Peercoin is www.peercoin.net. The Reddit community for Peercoin is /r/peercoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Peercoin’s official Twitter account is @peercoinppc and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Peercoin Coin Trading
Peercoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, Bleutrade, Cryptopia, Tux Exchange, OpenLedger DEX, Coingi, LiteBit.eu, YoBit, Bit-Z, SouthXchange, WEX, The Rock Trading, Bittrex, Bittylicious, Poloniex, BX Thailand and HitBTC. It is not presently possible to purchase Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Peercoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Peercoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.