Five Below (NASDAQ: FIVE) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 5/28/2018 – Five Below was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Although shares of Five Below have gained 1% in a month, it has underperformed the industry. Moreover, the stock looks overvalued from price-to-earnings ratio perspective and also carries a Value Score of C. Well this is surely likely to hurt investor sentiment. Also, stiff competition from both brick-&-mortar and e-retailers remains a concern. Five Below’s seasonal nature of business also seems to be a hurdle. Apart from these, management also stated that operating margins may remain under pressure on account of reinvestment activity. Nevertheless, the company’s impressive merchandise assortment, focus on pre-teen customers and favorable pricing strategy help it stand strong amid a tough retail landscape. Also, the company remains focused on expanding store base and targets a network of more than 2,500 stores in the long run.”
- 5/25/2018 – Five Below had its price target lowered by analysts at Deutsche Bank from $85.00 to $84.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/25/2018 – Five Below had its price target lowered by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $85.00 to $84.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/24/2018 – Five Below was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/18/2018 – Five Below was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 5/11/2018 – Five Below was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/3/2018 – Five Below was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 4/17/2018 – Five Below is now covered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They set an “outperform” rating and a $5.00 price target on the stock.
- 4/2/2018 – Five Below was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of NASDAQ:FIVE opened at $71.96 on Thursday. Five Below has a 12-month low of $44.30 and a 12-month high of $78.28. The firm has a market cap of $3.97 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 40.20, a PEG ratio of 1.13 and a beta of 0.60.
Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) last announced its earnings results on Wednesday, March 21st. The specialty retailer reported $1.18 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.16 by $0.02. Five Below had a net margin of 8.02% and a return on equity of 26.00%. The company had revenue of $505.00 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $502.74 million. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.90 EPS. The company’s revenue was up 30.2% on a year-over-year basis. equities research analysts anticipate that Five Below will post 2.4 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Five Below news, EVP Michael Romanko sold 6,227 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, April 18th. The shares were sold at an average price of $77.17, for a total transaction of $480,537.59. Following the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 27,684 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $2,136,374.28. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. 2.60% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Large investors have recently made changes to their positions in the business. Captrust Financial Advisors acquired a new stake in Five Below during the 4th quarter valued at $115,000. Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank raised its stake in Five Below by 53.2% during the 4th quarter. Zurcher Kantonalbank Zurich Cantonalbank now owns 2,714 shares of the specialty retailer’s stock valued at $180,000 after purchasing an additional 943 shares during the period. Zeke Capital Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in Five Below during the 1st quarter valued at $219,000. Pitcairn Co. acquired a new stake in Five Below during the 1st quarter valued at $224,000. Finally, We Are One Seven LLC raised its stake in Five Below by 173.7% during the 1st quarter. We Are One Seven LLC now owns 3,128 shares of the specialty retailer’s stock valued at $229,000 after purchasing an additional 1,985 shares during the period.
Five Below, Inc operates as a specialty value retailer in the United States. It offers accessories, including novelty socks, sunglasses, jewelry, scarves, gloves, hair accessories, athletic tops and bottoms, and T-shirts, as well as beauty products comprising nail polish, lip gloss, fragrance, and branded cosmetics; and items used to complete and personalize living space, including glitter lamps, posters, frames, fleece blankets, plush items, pillows, candles, incense, lighting, novelty décor, and related items, as well as provides storage options for the customers room.
Receive News & Ratings for Five Below Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Five Below and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.