SolarCoin (CURRENCY:SLR) traded down 1.8% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 14:00 PM ET on June 11th. One SolarCoin coin can now be bought for about $0.0171 or 0.00000183 BTC on popular exchanges including CoinExchange, Livecoin, Bittrex and Lykke Exchange. SolarCoin has a market capitalization of $1.01 million and $273.00 worth of SolarCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, SolarCoin has traded down 16.1% against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $43.98 or 0.00468520 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.25 or 0.00013310 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0025 or 0.00000026 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded 7.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0053 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0691 or 0.00000736 BTC.
- Advanced Internet Blocks (AIB) traded down 50.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000026 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 4.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003350 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0436 or 0.00000465 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003368 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0992 or 0.00001073 BTC.
SLR is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It launched on June 12th, 2014. SolarCoin’s total supply is 98,035,010,823 coins and its circulating supply is 59,144,954 coins. The official website for SolarCoin is solarcoin.org. The Reddit community for SolarCoin is /r/SolarCoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. SolarCoin’s official Twitter account is @SolarCoin_SLR.
Buying and Selling SolarCoin
SolarCoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Lykke Exchange, Livecoin and CoinExchange. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as SolarCoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade SolarCoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy SolarCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for SolarCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for SolarCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.